Wednesday, January 24, 2007

FETC fun

Today has been action packed. It started with a wonderful half day workshop where we created podcasts in Garage Band. Other topics included using blogs for writing instruction and lots of info about rss feeds. Safari is actually an aggregator. I didn't know that but I was blown away by the possibilities. Good stuff I tell you. And the Macs that we worked on made me happy. Since I had a break in my schedule today there was time for some shopping at the Mall at Millenia. I didn't find the illusive perfect black shoes but those little faded jeans were too cute to leave behind in baby Gap. Mimi is bringing you a little something Livi. The opening session was at 3:00 so I went back to the Convention Center to hear the keynote speaker, Bill Nye. It was unquestionably not the typical DOE-like opening session. His lecture was all over the place - literally from Mars, to global warming to buckeyballs with tons in between. He was inspiring, humorous and full of passion. The exhibit hall opened at 5:00 so I got to end the day in the "candy store" .
Looking forward to tomorrow.
night night.

No comments: