Thursday, June 12, 2008

The 50's


I love to listen to books in the car. Currently I am listening to The Thunderbolt Kid. If you pass me and see me laughing hysterically that is why. Bill Bryson's descriptions of just how stupid we were in the 50's appears, sadly, to be accurate. I thought that surely he was making up some of these national absurdities or at least embellishing them for our entertainment. I googled missile mail to test my theory but sure enough our Postmaster General was on hand to receive the first Missile Mail delivery in Mayport in 1959.

1 comment:

Alyson & Ford said...

I loved my two audio books - have listened to them both.
Your turn if you haven't listened to (or read) them. Great fun listening to a pig tell a very NYC story and the Georgia story was very intense....
Ford finally admitted he bought a guitar (another one - do we really need three???)... You all knew before me.
Happy Father's Day!

Alyson