Thursday, September 18, 2008

running on empty

Not feeling the blog lately. I apologize to my seven faithful visitors. I am writing some on a private wiki that we are using for the EETT Grant but seem to have more of a twitter mentality these days. That's scary.

Today at work I posted a webcast for our new superintendent. He wants to do that often so I foresee a learning curve in my near future. We have a big fat new Mac server that will host podcasts, wikis, blogs and who knows what else. I can't wait to learn more about using it. Today I just put up a .mov file on our ftp server but I used Garage Band to save it for the web. It worked well. Nice compression, fast and simple. I'm sure there are better ways to do it but if I can accomplish something quickly with drag and drop simplicity, well why not? Now if we can just figure out how to deliver an image to the labs through the server I will be happy ( relieved, overjoyed, delirious, etc)
I want labs in schools starting next week.If nothing big crashes, requiring immediate band aides, maybe we can roll em out. So many details in a project this size. It's hard to let go long enough to relax.

2 comments:

Cara said...

nerd alert!

it's okay mom. we didn't get a chance to chat today but i am officially an student in the college of information. talk about nerdy. whoosh.

love you.

m said...

Yeah! A nerd is born. So proud. I think that's a great idea. I tried to Skype you but couldn't find you or Katie with the usernames you gave me. I did get Leaa though. Skype's ok but the video quality seems better in ichat. Did you call comcast?

Love ya!Mom