Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year

Just reread last year's post on things I wanted to accomplish in 08 and am reviewing my progress. Here's the list:

Get to know a young lady named Stella,
Continue to build loving relationships with my family and friends,
Shed 50 pounds,
Volunteer more, help more,
Receive and roll out a huge ol grant for PCSD teachers,
Become more organized,
Learn more about photography, dynamic web design, and life
Get in a couple of fun trips,
See at least one more major project finished in our home,
Not die.


I have had the pleasure of getting to know our Stella and she is delightful. She's happy and adorable and lights up the room with her smile. This year's goal must include frequent visits to Memphis. I am a little jealous of those who will be able to attend her first year birthday bash in February. It's OK Stella. Mimi promises to party with you year round. Just always remember this six word story "the party is at Mimi's house". Livi knows this already.
I have shed 30 pounds and am still aiming for 20 more. I did receive and roll out that big ol grant. It's made for an exciting year full of hope and new challenges. As for becoming more organized, that was lofty of me. I did attend a four day Photoshop class but haven't used it as much as I would like. I made no progress with dynamic web design but will pursue that one in 09. Regarding fun trips- nothing exotic but still fun including Birmingham, Memphis, St.Pete, Orlando, Tampa, Tallahassee, Ft.Myers. Regarding major projects- they may not be finished but they were definitely MAJOR. And I did not die. In retrospect 08 was a fine year and I am thankful for it all.

No comments: