Thursday, May 21, 2009

grant update

Up late reading lesson plans submitted by the teachers who have participated in our EETT grant. I am so proud! I sort of feel like I have given birth. The gestation period was about the same - nine months. The labor pains were excruciating and debilitating at times but the effort worthwhile. They have exceeded my expectations and I had high expectations. Some of these teachers were so intimidated by technology that they had never used it in instruction. And some of those same teachers are the ones that are just blowing me away with their enthusiasm for integrating technology now. yea! We have users at all different skill levels in this group of eighty but I think the ones who have benefited the most were those who were most intimidated. One commented that she realizes now that it is good for her students to see her troubleshoot technical problems because she can model appropriate behavior for dealing with frustration :) I think that is progress?

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow! I think that is major progress and more! Congratulations and high fives for all your hard work! Awesome!
peace
fm