Sunday, July 12, 2009

we are not resting


This is a picture of Stella painting at Mimi's. She liked it as much as Livi does I think.

Carl and I have been cleaning out the garage today. Good heavens. How did we let it get this bad? We have thrown away a ton of crap, loaded up the van with stuff we are giving to the humane society's thrift shop and we still have more than we can store. We have been in the process of thinning the junk all year as we remodeled - or so I thought. Now I think we have just been moving it to the garage. Part of the remodel includes a new driveway and entrance that will let us actually use the garage as a garage instead of a junk storage facility. This is progress but it is painfully slow. I think Carl is still struggling with issues over parting with some music store memorabilia (like every sound track ever recorded in the studio for the last thirty years and every guitar player magazine he's ever bought and every catalog he's ever received, etc).

I'm going to the panhandle to teach at a Teaching and Learning Institute next week. Looking forward to training but dread being gone. I like staying home these days which is rather odd. Seems I don't get to do enough of that lately.

1 comment:

Alyson & Ford said...

Can you believe I have saved every issue of "Downeast" (the magazine of Maine) since I left the State 29 years ago? I empathize with Carl. So when do we throw them out? (Ford cannot wait for the day...).

Have a great trip. Hope to see you all soon (and the remodel results!).

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Almost Ten Months!