Tuesday, November 02, 2010

whoosh

We are running our first report cards in a new student information system tomorrow.  It is proving to be a very interesting process.  I'm wondering how you could be a teacher in our county and not have realized that we have a new student information system which includes a networked gradebook that is mandatory. Whoosh. Whoosh is a G'ma ism.  Interpreting it's meaning from her contextual use we can assume it is a good word for any exclamation, can be used to express disgust, or sometimes just to denote the effort required to sit down: Whoosh. What a day.   What I must keep in mind is that there are many many more success stories in using this gradebook than not. I just get to troubleshoot the "nots" so it distorts my perception if I am not careful.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

I hope your week got better! Some will never get it; maybe they should retire?
See you soon!

Alyzabeth's Mommy